Boston University School of Law has partnered with Parchment, one of the industry leaders in education credentials technology, to offer online transcript ordering and electronic transcript delivery.
We now require all alumni, former, and current students to submit requests for electronic transcripts via Parchment. We encourage requests for official printed transcripts to be submitted via Parchment as well. We will no longer accept e-mail or fax requests for official transcripts. In person orders (payable by cash or check) and mail orders (payable by check) will continue to be accepted.
Current students may now access the Parchment storefront through the Student Link.
Alumni and former students may use this link to create an account at the BU Law storefront on the Parchment site. Graduates from other non-law BU programs must log-in via the Student Link to request their non-law transcript.
Electronic Transcripts (eTranscripts)
Official electronic transcripts are delivered to any valid email address via secure certified PDF. The recipient is notified by email to download the electronic PDF transcript from a secure web site. You have the option of attaching files to the transcript order; you will need to upload with your order an electronic version of the document that needs to be included. Electronic transcripts are $4 per official copy and $1 per attachment, payable by credit card only. Before selecting this option, it is recommended that you check with the transcript recipient to confirm they accept electronic transcript delivery.
Official printed paper transcripts may also be ordered online for delivery by USPS first class mail or express shipping. Printed transcripts are $6 per official copy, payable by credit card only. If you would like an attachment included with your transcript, please email the document to email@example.com.
If you would like to have your transcripts sent via our express carrier, FedEx, there is an additional charge of $25 per address to destinations in the continental United States and $40 per address for international destinations. Please allow one to two business days for the processing of transcript requests. FedEx does not deliver to P.O. Boxes. For packages shipped by FedEx to international addresses, we use international priority shipping. Please contact FedEx for an estimated delivery timeframe.
Through the 2015/2016 academic year, we will continue to provide unofficial transcripts at no cost directly to individuals who visit the Registrar’s Office or submit a written request via mail, e-mail or fax. Beginning July 1, 2016 we will no longer accept mail or fax requests for unofficial transcripts. A photo I.D. must be shown in order to pick up a transcript in person.
Please be sure to include the following information in your signed request, whether by mail, email (PDF attachment) or fax:
- Full name, including any former names
- Telephone number where we may contact you regarding your request
- Boston University I.D. number or Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Dates of attendance
- Degree program
- Degree awarded, if any
- Date of graduation
- Number of transcripts (maximum of ten per request)
- Is this a request for an official or unofficial transcript? (Please note that faxed transcripts are not official. Beginning July 1, 2016 we will no longer accept or fulfill transcript requests via fax.)
- Address or fax number to which transcript should be sent. (Please note that as of July 1, 2016 we will no longer fulfill transcript requests via fax.)
Requests for transcripts received by mail are usually processed within two working days. We anticipate requests received via Parchment will be processed within one working day. When faxing a request, we recommend you contact our office to confirm its receipt. Faxed requests are usually processed within one working day. Requests made in person are usually processed within two hours.
An outstanding financial obligation to Boston University will prohibit us from releasing a transcript.
- Both official and unofficial transcripts contain all academic information about a student, such as classes, grades, and Grade Point Average (GPA). Grades will appear for semesters in which a student is officially registered.
- Printed official transcripts include the signature of the School of Law Registrar and the Boston University seal. Students who require an official transcript in a sealed envelope to provide to a third party must specify this in their transcript request.
- Unofficial transcripts carry the same information as the official transcript but do not have the University seal or the Registrar’s signature (they are stamped unofficial). You may reproduce unofficial transcripts.
How to reach us
Boston University School of Law
765 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215