Minor in Systems Engineering
- A Minor in Systems Engineering is earned through completion of 20 credits.
- No more than 8 credits may overlap between a student’s major and minor.
- A student must be at least a Sophomore and have a declared major on record in order to apply for a minor.
- Students are expected to obtain the necessary background (pre-requisites or equivalents) to complete their chosen minor program.
- A student’s Grade Point Average (GPA) across all 20 credits for the minor must be 2.00 or higher to earn the minor.
- Applications for a Minor in Systems Engineering must be approved by the Minor Coordinator of the Division of Systems Engineering.
- It is recommended that students interested in pursuing a Minor in Systems Engineering apply as early as possible in their degree program in order to facilitate course planning, but in no case later than October 1 of a student’s senior year.
- The following courses may be used to satisfy the requirements of the minor:
- ENG EC 381: Probaility Theory in Electrical & Computer Engineering
- ENG EC 401: Signals & Systems OR
ENG BE 401: Signals & Systems
- ENG EC 402: Control Systems OR
ENG BE 402: Control Systems OR
ENG ME 404: Dynamics & Control of Mechanical Systems
- ENG EC 330: Applied Algorithms for Engineers
- ENG EC 415: Communication Systems
- ENG EC 441: Introduction to Computer Networking
- ENG ME 411: Operations Research
- ENG ME 420: Supply Chain Engineering
- Please note: The following courses overlap too much for credit to be given for more than one course from each list (1-3) below. Students are expected to complete the course appropriate to their major.
- ENG EC 381, ENG ME 366, ENG BE 200
- ENG EC 401, ENG BE 401
- ENG BE 402, ENG EC 402, ENG ME 404
- For questions regarding minor requirements, please contact:
Prof. Hua Wang, SE Minor Coordinator
15 St. Mary’s Street, Room 128