Students coming straight from a BS degree to our PhD program must take the specified courses listed below along with research credits to meet the 64-credit minimum requirement for graduation.
- BE 605: Molecular Bioengineering
- BE 606: Quantitative Physiology for Engineers
- BE 790: Biomedical Engineering Seminar
- BE 791: BME PhD Laboratory Rotation System
- BE 792: Literature Review
- Math course selected from approved list
- BE 801 and BE 802: Teaching Practicum I and II
- Three BE graduate-level electives
- Two graduate-level technical electives
- Research credits (minimum of 12)
In addition to credit requirements, each student must:
- successfully pass the oral qualifier exam
- successfully propose and defend an original body of dissertation work
Application and Deadlines
For additional information about the PhD program, please contact Christen L. Bailey (firstname.lastname@example.org).