Engineering Junior Year Study Abroad
Students interested in studying abroad during their junior year must complete the application process outlined below. General questions regarding the Junior Year Study Abroad Programs should be directed to email@example.com.
1. Apply with BU College of Engineering
Once the appropriate number of course equivalencies are identified, please follow the following steps to complete a BU College of Engineering Junior Year Study Abroad Packet:
- Complete the Course Substitution Form, and attach the course descriptions and syllabi for each course of interest.Note: In Dublin, credits for courses (called units) will vary. Units translate to BU credits as follows: 5 units = 3 credits, 7.5 units = 4 credits, 10 units = 5 credits. Students studying abroad in Dublin must take the equivalent of 16-20 BU credits while abroad; students may need to take 4 or 5 DCU courses to accumulate the required number of BU credits.
- Present a Plan of Completion, outlining how the courses completed abroad will fit into your ENG program, in addition to any remaining degree requirements.
- Review the above Packet (Course Substitution Form + Plan of Completion) with both your Faculty Advisor and the Undergraduate Associate Chair of your department:
- Submit the packet (the completed / approved Course Substitution Form, Course Syllabi for each course + Plan of Completion) to the Office of Undergraduate Programs via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Apply with BU Study Abroad
All study abroad applications must be completed on-line. As a $50 non-refundable fee is applied once the application is submitted, it is advised to wait to submit the BU Study Abroad application until all of the ENG degree components have been reviewed and approved. You may apply with BU Study Abroad here.