A wide variety of technology services and computing resources will support your work at Boston University. Before you can take advantage of those services, you must create a BU login name and Kerberos password. Your BU login name and Kerberos password are used to confirm your identity across most computing resources at the University. For example, they are required when you want to read your BU email, access computer labs, connect to the wireless network, or view your personal information online.
- New and incoming students, faculty and staff will receive special instructions for creating your BU login name and Kerberos password from the Registrar or Human Resources
- If you are already on campus but do not have, or have forgotten components of, your BU login name and Kerberos password, please submit a Help request.
- Non-BU affiliates can be sponsored for an affliliate account. Sponsors should complete the affiliate account request form at https://www.bu.edu/tech/support/guest/.
- Department representatives seeking a Departmental/Service account should submit the request through www.bu.edu/help/tech/accounts.
Requirements for Individual Accounts
- Must have a BU ID number
- Must have a current and active status with the University, determined and verified by Human Resources or the Registrar
- Must read and agree to the University Conditions of Use and Policy on Computing Ethics
- Non-BU affiliates who are not eligible through HR or the Registrar can be sponsored for a Guest account. Please have your sponsor complete the Guest account request form at www.bu.edu/help/tech/accounts.
- Change password – if you know your Kerberos password and want to change it, you can do so online at anytime.
- Forgot password – if you forget your Kerberos password, you can reset it online at anytime.
- The Links – is BU’s online portal to confidential records, where you can register for courses, update your personal information, perform administrative functions, and more.
- My Directory Listing – update your listing preferences, display name, pronouns, gender identity, personal email address, and email routing.