Makechnie Study Center
Where you study can make a big difference in how well you study. The George K. Makechnie Study Center (MSC) at Sargent College is one of the best study spaces on campus—inviting, comfortable, and filled with natural light. Additionally, the MSC is LEED certified.
Hours & Contact Info
635 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 237
Front Desk: 617-353-4201 | Email
- Summer Hours: Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Fall Hours: Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
A/V & IT Tech Support Contacts
- IS&T Support Help: 617-353-4357, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior Media Technician: Emily Fallon, Fallone@bu.edu, 617-353-4201
- Sargent IT First Responders: Deb Amori, email@example.com
- Echo 360 Requests: classrooms@BU.edu
Reserve a Study Room
Students can reserve a study room using our Online Reservation Calendar.
Reserve Equipment and Request Setup
- Ten computer workstations for student use, equipped with spreadsheet, database management, and specialized curriculum software
- Four quiet study rooms for working in groups
- Media equipment, from microphones to laptops to LCD projectors, which faculty and staff may borrow
- A copier for student use accessible via myprint
- A library of reserved Sargent coursework materials for students
The MSC’s small library holds reserve materials for Sargent College classes. Students can check out materials for two hours at a time by presenting their Boston University ID card.
Professors who wish to place items on reserve should download the Reserve Materials Information for instructions. Then download and print the Reserve Materials Form and bring it with your reserve items.