Transferring to Sargent College
BU Sargent College welcomes transfer students who have been or are enrolled as undergraduate degree candidates at another college or university. Visit the central Boston University Admissions office for complete details.
Note that you must apply for admission to BU Sargent College as a transfer student by the following deadlines:
- March 1 for September admission
- November 1 for January admission
Certain programs at Sargent College admit students for September admission only, and some require specific prerequisite coursework to enter at the junior year. For individual program requirements, please see the following:
- Program Transfer Policies & Prerequisites for BU Students
- Program Requirements for External Transfer Students
For complete program outlines and course descriptions, consult the Boston University Undergraduate Programs Bulletin.
Watch: Transfer Student Sarah Rock (SAR’17)
Speech, Language & Hearing Sciences major Sarah Rock (SAR’17) talks about her experience transferring to BU.
Academic Residency Requirement (Undergraduate Degrees)
Students must complete a minimum of 48 Boston University credits for the undergraduate program. More than that minimum may be required for completion for a student’s chosen program of study. “Boston University credits” include those earned in Boston University summer courses and Boston University study abroad programs. Exceptions to the residency requirement may be granted on a petition basis to the Office of the Provost. This policy applies to all Boston University undergraduate students.
To apply for transfer admission, you must submit:
- Boston University Application for Admission
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Official secondary school transcript, including proof of graduation or equivalent
- At least one letter of recommendation from a professor or college administrator
- A Transfer Student Status Report from all colleges attended
- An essay as described in the Application for Admission