To fully appreciate one of the greatest strengths of a Boston University Sargent College of Health & Rehabilitation Sciences education, you have to leave the classroom.
A key part of your preparation to become a health care professional is the real-world exposure and training you’ll receive through the clinical experiences incorporated into each Sargent College degree program. Typically starting early, clinical experiences are planned sequentially to build on the academic knowledge and skills you’re acquiring through coursework. Some clinical placements are part time, while others are full time. All are integrated within the curriculum of the professional programs. Program-specific information regarding clinical experiences can be found at the links below.
- Bachelor of Science in Human Physiology
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition
- Master of Science in Nutrition
- Master of Science in Nutrition + Dietetic Internship
- Didactic Program in Dietetics/Master of Science in Nutrition + Dietetic Internship
- Entry-Level Doctor of Occupational Therapy
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology
A global network unlike any in the country.
Our far-reaching network of clinical sites includes top hospitals, clinics, private practices, colleges and universities, secondary schools, and community agencies. This network means you’ll learn from some of the very best practitioners in your chosen field on campus, in Boston, across the country, and throughout the world. You’ll be exposed to a remarkable diversity of patient populations, diagnoses, and settings throughout your program.
Sargent College has a dedicated Clinical Education Services (CES) office right in our building. This office assists faculty, staff, and students with the administrative and operational components of the clinical placement or internship.
Operations managed by the CES office include:
- Managing current site requirements
- Negotiating and renewing site contracts
- Conducting student background checks
- Arranging drug testing and fingerprinting for students
- Providing proof of health requirements met
- Distributing qualitative & quantitative evaluations of student, site, and staff experiences
- Assisting with maintaining compliance with accreditation standards (5 programs)
- Processing Tuition Vouchers and library access requests for supervisors