Clinical Education Centers
For students in the health and rehabilitation sciences, practical experience doesn’t get any more hands-on, in-depth, or on-site than this.
Sargent College clinical education centers provide a wide variety of services for the Boston University and Greater Boston communities, from physical rehabilitation to athletic training to nutritional counseling—generally at a lower cost than traditional clinics. Our centers are staffed by experienced clinicians, specialists, and practicing faculty members. Some centers, like the Center for Neurorehabilitation, also conduct research. Others are connected through staff, students, and activities to other Boston University research centers and labs.
Everyone benefits from these connections among clinical practice, research, the University, and the community. Students can explore a specific area of interest, developing their skills in a supervised, on-campus setting or participating as work-study aides. And patients get the expertise of noted specialists—plus the benefits of the latest research and evidence-based treatments. They also get rewarding personal attention from some of tomorrow’s leaders in health and rehabilitation.
Sargent College On-Campus Clinical Centers
- Academic Speech, Language & Hearing Center
- Aural Rehabilitation Services
- Center for Stuttering Therapy
- Cognitive Health and Rehabilitation Programs
- Language, Literacy and Social Communication Programs (including the Preschool Summer Intensive Language Intervention Program)
- Speech Sound Disorders Program
- Voice and Swallow Programs
- Aphasia Resource Center
- Center for Neurorehabilitation
- Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation
- Physical Therapy Center
- Ryan Center for Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Sargent Choice Nutrition Center
- Vocational Rehabilitation Center