Declaring Your Major
You can declare a major after you’ve completed a full semester at Boston University.
Once you decide on a major, here are the steps you’ll need to take:
- You’ll meet with the Undeclared Program Academic Counselor, to discuss the requirements of your target program.
- If you haven’t met the transfer requirements, such as a required GPA, etc., you can still take first-year spring courses in your chosen major so you won’t fall behind in the curriculum requirements.
- You may remain undeclared until all summer courses are completed before the beginning of your junior year.
- You cannot transfer into the Undeclared program, so it’s best to remain Undeclared until you’re reasonably sure of your academic plan.
- When you’re ready, meet with an Academic Counselor to fill out a Program Change Form. She will forward your records to the department and tell you how to make an appointment with your new advisor. It’s a good idea to make an appointment with your new advisor as soon as you declare a major.