We recommend researchers enter into a data use agreement any time data is transferred into or out of BU. The form below is the first step to obtaining such an agreement.
A Data Use Agreement (DUA) is a contractual document used for the transfer of data that has been developed by nonprofit, government or private industry, where the data is nonpublic or is otherwise subject to some restrictions on its use. Often, this data is a necessary component of a research project and it may or may not be human subject data from a clinical trial, or a Limited Data Set as defined in HIPAA. BU will want to ensure that DUA terms protect confidentiality when necessary, but permit appropriate publication and sharing of research results in accordance with University policies, applicable laws and regulations, and federal requirements. DUAs are similar to confidentiality agreements in that they restrict the use and disclosure of the data set, and, in some cases, a CDA format may be used as a starting point to build a DUA appropriate for the transfer of data.
- This is a smart form and must be filled out electronically.
- Please complete the information and questionnaire below. Optional fields are marked. All other fields are required.
- Clicking “yes” on some check boxes will display additional mandatory fields to be completed.
- You can Save a copy of the form at any time using the Save button and complete the form at a later time.
- Submit the form by clicking on the Submit button and following the prompts. This will send a copy of the form to Industry Engagement via your normal email. Please note, the Submit process will not work until all required fields are filled out.
- Industry Engagement will confirm receipt and review the form and initiate the agreement review process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive a confirmation within 3 business days.
CHIA Data & Other Master Agreements
All BU researchers in any school/institute/other division of BU who obtain CHIA data for research must comply with this protocol.
Please note that BU may already have master data use agreements in place with certain entities. Learn more:
- CHIA Master Data Use Agreement
- BEDAC-BMC Master Services Agreement (coming soon)