How to Apply for Study Abroad
Thank you for your interest in Study Abroad! The application deadline is February 5, 2023 for study in the 2023-2024 calendar year. Please note that only 2L and 3Ls are eligible and transfer students from other US law schools cannot participate until they have completed one year of full-time study at BU Law.
The application requires the following:
- Two short essays
- One essay describing your interest in the program and the educational and professional objectives you hope to achieve during your studies abroad; and
- A second essay describing a law school class or activity that has had particular significance for you. If the program is in a foreign language, the second essay should be written in that language.
- Faculty letter of recommendation (can be emailed to email@example.com or uploaded onto the application portal)
- Oxford applicants only: writing sample demonstrating your skills in legal research and analysis.
- Interview with John LaPlante and/or Christina Rice
Click here (password zd=UuV3%) to view a recorded webinar that outlines our program offerings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions about the application process.
Please stop by the Graduate & International Program Office (Suite 802) or email John LaPlante with any questions about our programs!