Students coming straight from a BS degree to our PhD program must take the specified courses listed below along with research credits to meet the 64 credit minimum total for graduation.
- BE 605: Molecular Bioengineering
- BE 606: Quantitative Physiology for Engineers
- BE 790: Biomedical Engineering Seminar
- BE 791: BME PhD Laboratory Rotation System
- BE 792: Literature Review
- BE 801 and BE 802: Teaching Practicum I and II
- Math course selected from approved list
- Three BE graduate-level electives
- Two graduate-level technical electives
- Research credits (minimum of 12)
In addition to credit requirements, each student must:
- successfully pass the oral qualifier exam
- successfully propose and defend an original body of dissertation work
Application and Deadlines
Any inquiries related to application status and/or receipt of supplemental application materials should be directed to the Graduate Programs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-353-9760.
The GRE is not required to apply to the BME PhD program for Fall 2022 admission. It will not negatively impact evaluation of your application if you do not submit these scores. We encourage students of limited means to apply for an application fee waiver.
For additional information, please contact Christen L. Bailey (email@example.com).