Engineers in the Real World
Inviting highly accomplished, engineering-educated professionals to sophomore engineering classes
Guest speakers discuss how their careers have addressed societal challenges with an audience that consists of students, executives and entrepreneurs. While many speakers work as engineers, some are in other fields, such as financial services, healthcare, entertainment and other industries.
Speakers present a problem they encountered in their career and, after asking students how they would approach it, share how the problem was solved. Students can see how the fundamental skill of the engineer — the ability to solve problems — can be applied to a wide range of endeavors and is in great demand.
This program was made possible by a gift from Joseph P. Healey (ENG ’88). The speakers visit EK301 (Mechanics I) and EK307 (Electric Circuits Theory).
Selection of Past Speakers
- William Weiss (ENG ’83, ’97), Ground Systems, Vice President & General Manager | BS in Systems Engineering and MS in Computer Systems
- Kirsten Paulson (ENG ’82), Global CMC, Senior Director | BS in Biomedical Engineering
- Hisham Elhaddad (ENG ’14), HOF Capital, Co-Founder & Managing Partner | BS in Electrical Engineering
- Armor Harris (ENG ’15), Space X, Director of Satellite Bus Engineering | BS in Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Jill Albertelli (ENG ’91), Pratt & Whitney, President of Transformation & Strategy | BS in Manufacturing Engineering
- Gregory Montemurro (ENG ’90), Keurig Green Mountain, Inc., Senior Director of Operations Development Engineering | BS Mechanical Engineering
- Kamakshi Sivaramakrishnan (ENG ’00), Linkedln, Senior Director of Product | Drawbridge, Former Founder & CEO | MS Electrical Engineering
For more information, contact Joey Dugan at email@example.com.