Double Majors in Engineering
Students can double major in engineering. Students who double major must complete a minimum of 160 credits and fulfill the requirements for each of the majors. Students requesting to double major must have at least sophomore standing (32 credits) and have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 to be eligible. Students must complete an Application for Double Major (available in the expandable menu below) and obtain approval from both departments. Please note that the completion of a double major may result in extended time to graduation, and that students must complete the course requirements for both majors before a degree will be awarded. Students always have the option of dropping the double major and completing the requirements of one major to earn the degree, and can do this by contacting the ENG Records Office at email@example.com.
Please note, Students are required to complete the non-bracket courses to satisfy both majors’ requirements.
- Computer & Biomedical
- Biomedical & Electrical
- Biomedical & Mechanical
- Computer & Electrical
- Computer & Mechanical
- Electrical & Mechanical
Double Major in ENG Application Instructions
- Complete the Application for a Double Major below.
- Create a Plan of Completion, outlining how you intend to fulfill the degree requirements of both majors. This may be completed in the context of 2 Program Planning Sheets, with a semester-by-semester course plan, noting what degree requirement(s) each course will satisfy.
- Meet with your Faculty Advisor to review both your Application for a Double Major and Plan of Completion.
- Email your Application and Plan of Completion to the Undergraduate Associate Chair of both majors to obtain their approval.
Biomedical Engineering: Prof. Irving Bigio
Electrical & Computer Engineering: Prof. Tali Moreshet
Mechanical Engineering: Prof. Caleb Farny
- Submit all application materials to the Undergraduate Records Office for processing.
All BU College of Engineering degree programs require the successful completion of a Senior Design project. ENG students pursuing a Double Major have the option to enroll in only one (1) Senior Design course sequence of the student’s preferred department. In order to do so, students are required to meet with the Senior Design Coordinator(s) of both departments in order to ensure the project will meet the requirements expected of both departments.
Please note: students completing a degree in Mechanical Engineering must complete ENG ME 460.