Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve included below answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about GSDM’s health requirements. If you have any questions that are not covered by this list, please reach out to Student Health Services via Patient Connect or by calling 617-353-3575.
How do I take care of all of my 2019-2020 health requirements?
Two (or three) easy steps:
- Complete your TB Symptom Screen in Patient Connect, under Messages, New Message, and choose the second selection for TB.
- Two to three business days after completing Step 1, check your health compliance status with Student Health Services:
- Visit the compliance page in the Student Link.
- Find “Medical Immunization Status” under description.
- Whether you see a Y or an N, click the link to see your full immunization record. The last section named “Compliance” will show you either what you are currently missing, or when you will go out of compliance. If that section shows you are in compliance until June 30, 2020, you are all set! If the compliance shows you will not remain in compliance until June 30, 2020, proceed to Step 3.
- If the “Compliance” column shows that you will not remain in compliance with all requirements until June 30, 2020, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary services by:
- Making an appointment with SHS in Patient Connect under Appointments, or
- Calling SHS at 617-353-3575 to schedule an appointment, or
- Visiting another healthcare provider and uploading documentation satisfactory to SHS to Patient Connect. After uploading, you will need to check back to make sure the Compliance section shows you are in compliance through June 30, 2020.
How do I submit records to Student Health Services?
You can upload immunization documentation anytime online in Patient Connect by following the steps below.
- Login to www.bu.edu/shs/patientconnect.
- Click the Forms option on the left menu bar.
- Click Immunization Upload.
- Follow the instructions to upload your documents and you will receive an email confirmation once your forms have been reviewed. This can take 48-72 hours. If you do not receive a confirmation, try submitting again.
Who do I call for help with my health requirements?
Do not contact GSDM; contact Student Health Services via Patient Connect or by calling 617-353-3575. SHS alone determines your health compliance and reports it to GSDM, and no one at GSDM can override their decision.
If you have trouble with:
- Getting an appointment for health services
- Uploading documentation of immunization/testing done elsewhere
- SHS acceptance of your providers’ documentation
- You don’t understand what you need to do
- Anything else related to meeting the health requirements
SHS alone determines your health compliance and reports it to GSDM, and no one at GSDM can override their decision.
What if I have a serious medical or religious reason for not getting an immunization?
Please discuss this with a provider at Student Health Services.