Commencement Weekend 2021 is scheduled for May 13-16, 2021. Currently, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is in Phase 3 of its COVID-19 reopening plan and large-scale indoor and outdoor gatherings/events are still prohibited.
The University Leadership is closely working with State and City officials for the most up-to-date information to ensure that we have the opportunity to appropriately celebrate the accomplishments of the Class of 2021.
Please use the links on the right to get more information about commencement and associated events and to keep track of key deadlines.
- For questions about the GSDM Commencement Ceremony, contact the Events Office.
- For questions about diplomas or signing out, contact the Registrar’s Office.
Senior Awards Dinner
Due to the city, state, and university regulations around gatherings, the Senior Awards Dinner will be virtual this year. Please join us on Monday, May 10, at 6:30 p.m. eastern at the following link:
Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine Convocation
Please join us on Saturday, May 15, at 2:00 p.m. eastern at live.bu.edu/commencement-2021.
Boston University All-University Convocation
Boston University will hold an in-person commencement for graduate students on Nickerson Field at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, May 16. Participants will be seated on the field and possibly in the grandstands, with physical distancing. Friends and family will not be able to attend in person, but virtual access to the event will be provided.
- Students must register for the ceremony — click here for registration page.
- Registration is open until the venue reaches maximum capacity or until Sunday, May 9, at midnight EST, whichever occurs first.
- Day-of walk-ins will not be permitted.
- To sit with a friend, please be sure to select the same arrival time when registering.
- Friends and family, please tune in to the University’s livestream at live.bu.edu/commencement-2021.
For more information about the all-university convocation, please visit this page.