Donate to CITL
The Center for Interdisciplinary Teaching & Learning (CITL) initiative aims to provide a richer educational experience for undergraduate students, empowering them to become active and effective global citizens. Donations to CITL help to provide funding for:
- Undergraduate research stipends, internships, and awards
- Post-doctoral and graduate training stipends
- Ongoing assessment of student progress
- An annual conference and a biannual journal focused on interdisciplinary education
- Travel expenses for faculty participating in conferences or conducting archival research
- Undergraduate research stipends enable students to work one-on-one with faculty members, allowing them to gain important experience that can help guide graduate school and career paths.
- Internships provide students with work experiences and contacts that can help determine their career choices.
- Post-doctoral training gives recent graduates much-needed teaching experience and leads to better future teachers of undergraduates.
- The CITL assessment project helps determine how much progress students are making in their first two years of college, information that can be used to hone curricula. Other colleges and universities have consulted with CITL to develop their own assessment systems.
- CITL’s online journal and conference enable faculty at BU and other institutions to share their knowledge about effective teaching practices, which results in better classroom experiences for students.
- Support for faculty research ensures that BU students are being taught by professors on the cutting edge of their respective disciplines.
If you would like to donate to CITL, please use this secure online form. Please type “CITL” in the comment box below the gift designation.
If you have any questions, please contact Ashley Zolenski at 617-358-1639 or firstname.lastname@example.org.