June 23 – July 6, 2024
Please note: 2024 program dates, lengths, and locations subject to change due to extenuating circumstances.
The two-week Trombone Workshop is designed for serious trombonists who wish to develop and strengthen their technique and musicianship through intensive study. The Trombone Workshop is under the direction of BU Associate Professor of Music, Don Lucas.
- Group classes focusing on fundamentals and musicianship
- Class time devoted to the fundamentals and technical aspects of trombone: sound, rhythm, intonation, articulation, balance, vibrato, embouchure, air control, and slide technique
- Individualized attention and masterclasses
- Performance opportunities
- Boston University transferable course credit
BUTI encourages you to apply to every program for which you’re interested and eligible. Please also consider applying to the following related program(s):
Tuition, Fees, and Scholarships
The total cost of attending BUTI is based on the total number of weeks in attendance (even if attending more than one program). Find more detailed information here.
Scholarships are awarded based on merit and/or financial need in combination with enrollment needs. Any student applying for scholarship must complete the scholarship section of the admissions application, even if only applying for a merit-based award (the scholarship application is found within the digital admissions application). Students will be notified of any potential scholarship assistance with their admission decision. Learn more about scholarships at BUTI.