June 23 – July 6, 2024
Please note: 2024 program dates, lengths, and locations subject to change due to extenuating circumstances.
The two-week Oboe Workshop offers participants the tools necessary to advance their oboe and English horn playing to the next level. The Oboe Workshop is under the co-direction of John Ferrillo, Boston Symphony Orchestra Principal Oboe and BU Lecturer in Music in Oboe, and Robert Sheena, Boston Symphony Orchestra English horn and BU Lecturer in Music in Oboe and English horn.
- Work with guest faculty member, Mark McEwan, Boston Symphony Orchestra oboist
- Study of standard orchestral and recital repertoire
- Instruction on fundamentals including long-tones, slow scales, Barret and Ferling etudes
- Seminars and group discussion on reed making technique
- Individualized attention and masterclasses
- Performance opportunities
- Boston University transferable course credit
BUTI encourages you to apply to every program for which you’re interested and eligible. Please also consider applying to the following related program(s):
- Woodwind Quintet Workshop
- Composition Fundamentals Workshop
- Young Artists Orchestra
- Young Artists Wind Ensemble