June 23 – July 6, 2024
Please note: 2024 program dates, lengths, and locations subject to change due to extenuating circumstances.
The two-week Oboe Workshop offers participants the tools necessary to advance their oboe and English horn playing to the next level. The Oboe Workshop is under the co-direction of John Ferrillo, Boston Symphony Orchestra Principal Oboe and BU Lecturer in Music in Oboe, and Robert Sheena, Boston Symphony Orchestra English horn and BU Lecturer in Music in Oboe and English horn.
- Work with guest faculty member, Mark McEwan, Boston Symphony Orchestra oboist
- Study of standard orchestral and recital repertoire
- Instruction on fundamentals including long-tones, slow scales, Barret and Ferling etudes
- Seminars and group discussion on reed making technique
- Individualized attention and masterclasses
- Performance opportunities
- Boston University transferable course credit
BUTI encourages you to apply to every program for which you’re interested and eligible. Please also consider applying to the following related program(s):
- Woodwind Quintet Workshop
- Composition Fundamentals Workshop
- Young Artists Orchestra
- Young Artists Wind Ensemble
Tuition, Fees, and Scholarships
The total cost of attending BUTI is based on the total number of weeks in attendance (even if attending more than one program). Find more detailed information here.
Scholarships are awarded based on merit and/or financial need in combination with enrollment needs. Any student applying for scholarship must complete the scholarship section of the admissions application, even if only applying for a merit-based award (the scholarship application is found within the digital admissions application). Students will be notified of any potential scholarship assistance with their admission decision. Learn more about scholarships at BUTI.