June 23 – July 6, 2024
Please note: 2024 program dates, lengths, and locations subject to change due to extenuating circumstances.
The two-week Flute Workshop provides an opportunity to grow musically and challenge yourself as you dive deep into flute repertoire, extended techniques, and individual instruction in a challenging yet positive and supportive environment. The Flute Workshop is under the direction of Linda Toote, principal flutist of the Boston Lyric Opera and BU Lecturer in Music.
- Intensive classes focused on expanding your dynamics and color range, extended techniques, intonation, articulation, scales, and arpeggios.
- Preparation of solo repertoire and standard orchestral excerpts
- Individualized attention and masterclasses
- Performance opportunities
- Boston University transferable course credit
BUTI encourages you to apply to every program for which you’re interested and eligible. Please also consider applying to the following related program(s):
- Woodwind Quintet Workshop
- Composition Fundamentals Workshop
- Young Artists Orchestra
- Young Artists Wind Ensemble
Tuition, Fees, and Scholarships
The total cost of attending BUTI is based on the total number of weeks in attendance (even if attending more than one program). Find more detailed information here.
Scholarships are awarded based on merit and/or financial need in combination with enrollment needs. Any student applying for scholarship must complete the scholarship section of the admissions application, even if only applying for a merit-based award (the scholarship application is found within the digital admissions application). Students will be notified of any potential scholarship assistance with their admission decision. Learn more about scholarships at BUTI.