June 18 – July 1, 2023
Please note: 2023 program dates, lengths, and locations subject to change due to extenuating circumstances.
The two-week Bassoon Workshop focuses on strengthening musicianship and fundamental techniques alongside other driven student bassoonists. The Bassoon Workshop is under the direction of Margaret Phillips, Lecturer in Music at BU.
- Technique classes focusing on fundamentals and musicianship
- Class time dedicated to every aspect of bassoon playing and performance, including the study of solo repertoire and orchestral excerpts
- Individualized attention and masterclasses
- Performance opportunities
- Boston University transferable course credit
BUTI encourages you to apply to every program for which you’re interested and eligible. Please consider applying to the following related program(s):
- Woodwind Quintet Workshop
- Composition Fundamentals Workshop
- Young Artists Orchestra
- Young Artists Wind Ensemble
Tuition, Fees, and Scholarships
The total cost of attending BUTI is based on the total number of weeks in attendance (even if attending more than one program). Find more detailed information here.
Scholarships are awarded based on merit and/or financial need in combination with enrollment needs. Any student applying for scholarship must complete the scholarship section of the admissions application, even if only applying for a merit-based award (the scholarship application is found within the digital admissions application). Students will be notified of any potential scholarship assistance with their admission decision. Learn more about scholarships at BUTI.