Gathering Evidence to Optimize Decisions
The goal of GEODE is to learn more about how teenagers with and without autism use visual cues to make decisions in the context of an adventure game. Findings from the project will help us understand more about sensory processing in autism and how it affects cognitive processing.
Who can participate?
- Adolescents (11-17 years old) diagnosed with autism/ASD
- Adolescents (11-17 years old) with no clinical diagnosis
- Siblings of adolescents with ASD are strongly encouraged to participate
What does participation involve?
For people in the Boston are, we encourage you to visit our Center at Boston University. For people living further away, the study can be administered remotely – if you have a good wifi connection and a tablet or computer.
During your visit to Boston University, your teen will…
- Play a fun, action video game developed for this study, which will take about 30-60 minutes.
While you (the parent or guardian)…
- Complete a set of questionnaires about your teen’s behavior and development.
What will you receive for participating?
- Gift card compensation
- Free parking if you travel to BU
How to sign up to participate?
Click on the link to our screener form, here. This screener form will ask you questions about your teenager. Once you have completed this form we will contact you, with more information about consenting to the study and next steps
If you have any questions about study or would like more information please contact the project coordinator, Vanessa Torres-Lacarra at email@example.com or give us a call at 617-358-6713. We look forward to speaking with you!