What we do
In support of Boston University’s mission to educate students and generate knowledge that benefits society, Development & Alumni Relations engages with friends of the University—alumni, parents, foundations, and other supporters—to connect their passions with BU’s purpose.
Working creatively and collaboratively, we harness the power of philanthropy to make an excellent education accessible and welcoming to all, and to advance BU’s global leadership in research, scholarship, artistic creation, and professional practice.
Where it will take us
Together, we develop enduring relationships and resources that help BU build a better world.
How we do it
To fulfill our mission and realize our vision, we commit ourselves to these values:
- Teamwork, transparency, and mutual respect, because we value every member’s contributions and know that leadership can come from anywhere
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and a commitment to ensuring that each of us knows we belong here
- Integrity in how we work and how we treat one another
- Strategic thinking and curiosity in the relentless pursuit of fresh approaches and measurable results
- Continuous growth and improvement, both as individuals and as a team
- Joy and shared appreciation for working hard toward goals that matter