Makechnie Study Center
Where you study can make a big difference in how well you study. Recent renovations in the George K. Makechnie Study Center (MSC) at Sargent College have made it one of the best study spaces on campus—inviting, comfortable, and filled with natural light. Additionally, the MSC is LEED certified.
Hours & Contact Info
Makechnie Study Center – 635 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 237
MSC Front Desk: 617-353-4201
Academic Year Hours:
To reserve a study room
Students can reserve a study room using our online reservation calendar.
- Ten computer workstations for student use, equipped with Internet connections, spreadsheet, database management, and specialized curriculum software.
- Four quiet study rooms for working in groups
- A Computer Lab (Room 236)
- A video editing suite and media viewing facilities
- Media equipment, from microphones to LCD projectors, which students, faculty and staff may borrow
- A copier for student use, which accepts coins and dollar bills
- A small library of reserved Sargent coursework materials for students
The MSC’s small library holds reserve materials for Sargent College classes. Students can check out materials for two hours at a time by presenting their Boston University ID card.
Professors who wish to place items on reserve should download the Reserve Materials Information for instructions. Then download and print the Reserve Materials Form and bring it with your reserve items.