Sponsor System Registration
Many federal agencies require the institution to register and setup an account for the Principal Investigator View Boston University's policy on... in the electronic submission system before the proposal is prepared. Examples of this are:
- NIH: eRa commons
- NSF: Fastlane
Account setup in these systems can be requested by completing the electronic request form below. If you need a new account setup, please request as soon as possible as it may take up to 48 hours for the account to be active in the system.
eRA Commons Request
If you need to register as an eRA Commons user at Boston Medical Center, please contact BMC Grants Administration office with the following information:
eRA Commons Role (Postdoc, PI, Trainee, etc)
More information on Commons roles is available on the NIH site.
Per NIH policy, PIs should maintain a single Commons account throughout their career, which will be affiliated with each new institution to which they move. If it is possible that a Commons account was created for you at a previous institution, please let us know, and provide the name of the institution or your previous email address for confirmation.
NSF is currently finalizing new account management system training resources including Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), job aids, and instructional videos. These materials will soon be available on an “About Account Management” page accessible on the Research.gov home page.
- Create an Account
- Click on Register
- Complete the Account Registration
- Save & Preview information
- Submit account registration
- Confirm your Account
- You will receive an account registration confirmation, with your NSF ID and temporary password
- Click on Return to Sign In
- Sign in using your temporary password and your NSF ID
- Change password when prompted
- Continue to Research.gov sign in
- Add a new role
- Click ‘Yes’ when prompted so that you can perform these actions as part of an organization, click ‘submit’
- Find an Organization by entering the DUNS number below:
- Trustees of Boston University: Duns # 049435266
- Select the correct organization
- Review the information and click ‘submit’
An email will be sent to us to approve your new role/s. Once the Role/s are approved your Research.gov profile will be complete.
Grants.gov Folder Request Form
- If you are a PI or department administrator on the Charles River Campus, please fill out this form to request access to the Grants.gov folders on the Sponsored Programs shared server.
- If you are a PI or department administrator on the BU Medical Campus, please go to http://www.bumc.bu.edu/it/support/bumc-it/request/grantsgov/
- If you are having trouble accessing your Grants.gov folder, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Users can create their own NSPIRES accounts here.
- Once your account has been created, you can request to be affiliated with Boston University.
- Please make sure to enter your BU contact information in the address, phone and email fields. This information helps us confirm your BU affiliation.