January 17-18, 2020
We are excited to meet all the new first-year, transfer, and exchange students who will be joining us in January for Winter Orientation! Our goals over these two days are for you to:
- Learn about advising at BU and meet with representatives from your School/College;
- Form some early connections with other students;
- Develop an understanding of our community standards and expectations;
- Challenge yourself by thinking about what it is you want out of this collegiate experience/why you are here;
- Discover a wide variety of resources and opportunities available to you as members of Boston University;
- Get your questions answered!
Remember that Orientation is fundamental to a successful start at Boston University. Failure to attend a portion, or all, of your Orientation session could increase your risk for future academic, social, or judicial issues. Additionally, remember this is your only Orientation experience. Don’t be afraid to speak up and be heard! Make sure you let us know what you’re thinking and feeling throughout. That is the only way we will be able to best guide you during your time here, so it is good to start practicing at Orientation!
We, at Boston University, also understand that coming here can be a transition for more than just you, the new student. Sometimes family members want to learn more about the University and the resources available, to meet and network with other family members of new students, or simply to develop their own connections to the University. If you think this sounds like anyone in your family, please let them know about our Parent and Family Orientation program. It offers them a chance to hear most of the same information you do, as well as some opportunities to socialize with other family members of new students and University representatives. Parent and Family Orientation can be attended by anyone (parents, grandparents, friends, etc.) Please note this program runs separately from your Orientation experience.