The hallmarks of ME@BU are:
- world class, interdisciplinary research
- excellent undergraduate and graduate programs that promote student and faculty interactions
- a department-wide sense of community and global responsibility.
The ME@BU research portfolio is grouped into seven focus areas:
- acoustics & vibrations
- computational science & engineering
- dynamics, robotics, systems, & controls
- thermofluid sciences, energy and sustainability
- MEMS & nanotechnology
The ME educational components provide students with a strong technical foundation as well as access to a wide array of educational opportunities that extend beyond the classroom. Our graduates are well equipped to take on leadership roles in industry, government and academia. We are a part of the College of Engineering at Boston University.