Access to Other Libraries
As part of a major research university, BU students, faculty, staff and alumni enjoy access and borrowing privileges at all Boston University Libraries.
Mugar Memorial Library, the primary library for study and research at Boston University, is located between the Law School & the George Sherman Union.
- African Studies Library
- Astronomy Library
- Howard Gotlieb Archival Research Center
- Music Library
- Pardee Management Library
- Pickering Educational Resources Library
- Science & Engineering Library
- Stone Science Library
The Theology Library is located adjacent to Marsh Chapel on the west side of the courtyard. The library entrance is on the second floor of the School of Theology.
The Alumni Medical Library is located at 80 East Concord Street on the Medical Campus.
Boston Academic Law Libraries
Search the library catalogs
- Boston College Library (includes Law Library)
- Harvard University Libraries–HOLLIS (includes Law Library)
- New England School of Law Library
- Northeastern University Library (includes Law Library)
- Suffolk University Library (includes Law Library)
Visit another Boston law library
- Plan to visit another library when:
- you can’t wait for the item to be sent to us
- the library requires on-site use
- Ask at the reference desk about visiting the library before you make the trip
The Law Library and Boston University belong to a number of consortia in Boston and beyond. Through these consortia, you can visit member libraries and use materials on-site.
Current law students with a Boston Library Consortium (BLC) card may visit and use non-circulating materials at BLC member libraries.
Current law students who need to use materials on-site at any of the NELLCO Law Library Consortium (NELLCO) libraries can present their BU ID at the entrance to obtain access.
To visit private university libraries that are not affiliated with the consortia listed above you will need to obtain a referral letter from a reference librarian. Please visit the reference desk or Ask Us for more information.