Group Study Rooms
Making a Reservation
- Visit https://law.bu.libcal.com/r/new or scan the QR code located outside any study room.
- In the “Search Spaces” bar select “Fineman & Pappas Law Libraries.”
- Search by “Time” to find a list of all the rooms available at your desired date/time or search by “Space” to see the availability for a specific room.
- By Time
- Select your preferred capacity of your room. No preference? Select All Spaces.
- Select the date and start and end time of your reservation. Note: Your reservation cannot exceed 2 hours.
- Looking for a room on a specific floor? Click the “Show more filtering options” to sort by Zone and select your desired floor.
- Once you’ve selected all your desired information, click Search to generate a list of available rooms meeting your criteria.
- When you’ve found the room you want, click “Book Now.”
- By Space
- In the “Seat/Space/Name” field type the room number of your space (e.g. 317)
- Click on the icon associated with the room.
- Navigate to your desired date.
- Select the start time of your desired reservation and then use the drop-down menu to select the end of your reservation (Note: reservation cannot exceed 2 hours).
- When you’ve set your desired reservation time, click “Submit Times”).
- By Time
- Sign in with your BU username and password. Please note: only current members of the law community are eligible to reserve group study rooms.
- Once signed in, add the names of everyone involved on your reservation and then click submit booking.
- Check your email for confirmation of your booking and remember to bring your BU ID so you can swipe in to access your reserved study space.
- For assistance with reservations, please call (617) 353-3151 or use the Ask Us Form.
- For facilities emergencies including spills, damage, or issues with card swipe please call Buildings & Grounds at (617) 353-2105.
- If locked out of a group study room within the law library, see the circulation desk.
- To report issues with how the room is being used, including unauthorized users, please contact Student Affairs.
Group Study Room Materials
Need materials for the white board in a group discussion room? The library stocks all group study rooms on the Mezzanine, 2nd floor and 3rd floor with white board supplies. White board kits (3 dry erase markers, 1 eraser, and 1 bottle of whiteboard cleaning solution) are also available for loan at the Fineman Circulation Desk.