Graduate Studies Overview
BU Law offers post-graduate degrees in a variety of legal fields that can be pursued on-campus and online in both full-time and part-time formats.
- The LL.M. in American Law Program provides foreign-trained lawyers with a basic grounding in American law and the U.S. legal system by integrating them into the J.D. curriculum.
- The Graduate Program in Banking and Financial Law, the first program of its kind in the U.S., prepares international and domestic lawyers for work with public and private clients in the new global financial markets through a curriculum devoted solely to the study of banking and financial services law.
- The LL.M. in Intellectual Property Program is open to domestic and international lawyers who wish to take advantage of the School’s extraordinary strength in intellectual property teaching.
- The Graduate Tax Program, one of the first of its kind in the nation, leads to the LL.M. in Taxation degree. Open to both U.S. and foreign educated lawyers who may attend on either a part- or full-time basis, the program's curriculum allows students to concentrate in a sub-specialty of tax law.
NEW! Online Graduate Tax Program
- The Executive LL.M. in International Business Law allows international lawyers the flexibility to obtain an advanced degree through a combination of classroom instruction and distance learning.
- The Two-Year LL.M. and the Legal English Certificate Program is designed for international lawyers and professionals who desire advanced training in legal English.