STATE OF THE ART
EPIC features teaching space, demonstration areas, laboratories, and a product fabrication facility, all in a reconfigurable layout that is easily adaptable to future technologies and educational needs.
The facility includes:
- Hardware and software for computer-assisted design, including an $18.8 million in-kind gift of product design and lifecycle management software from PTC.
- Rapid 3-D prototyping and additive manufacturing tools
- A full machine shop, featuring multi-axis CNC machines, mills, lathes, and other standard industrial tools.
- Electronics design and fabrication capability, including test, PCB fabrication, and surface mount soldering.
- An automated, robotic manufacturing line
- A materials characterization laboratory
- A metals foundry
- A complete carpentry shop
- The Lorraine A. Tegan Design Studio, where students can conceptulize their design ideas using computers or paper and pencil