Assistant Professor (ECE, SE)
PhD, University of California, Berkeley, 2009
Honors, Awards, and Editorships
- Communications Society and Information Theory Society Joint Paper Award (2013)
- NSF CAREER Award (2013)
- Dean’s Catalyst Award, College of Engineering, Boston University (2011)
- Eli Jury Award, EECS Department, UC Berkeley (2009)
- EC515 Digital Communication
- EC517 Introduction of Information Theory
- Information Theory and Communications
- Reliable Computation over Networks
- Distributed Signal Processing
- B. Nazer, M. Gastpar, S. A. Jafar, and S. Vishwanath, “Ergodic Interference Alignment”, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 58, no. 10, pp. 6355-6371, October 2012.
- B. Nazer and M. Gastpar, “Compute-and-Forward: Harnessing Interference through Structured Codes”, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 57, no. 10, pp. 6463-6486, October 2011.
- B. Nazer, A. G. Dimakis, and M. Gastpar, “Local Interference can Accelerate Gossip Algorithms”, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing, Special Issue on Gossiping Algorithms Design and Application, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 876-887, August 2011.
- B. Nazer and M. Gastpar, “Reliable Physical Layer Network Coding,” Proceedings of the IEEE, Special Issue on Network Coding, vol. 99, no. 3, pp. 438-460, March 2011.
- B. Nazer and M. Gastpar, “Computation Over Multiple-Access Channels,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Special Issue on Models, Theory, and Codes for Relaying and Cooperation in Communication Networks, vol. 53, no. 10, pp. 3498-3516, October 2007.