Young Artists Orchestra
July 5, 2015 – August 15, 2015
Ages 14-19**The Young Artists Orchestra is open to high school students who have not yet begun full-time college or conservatory study.
The Young Artists Orchestra (YAO) has earned the reputation as one of the preeminent summer youth orchestra training programs in the nation. Under the guidance of professional conductors, artist teachers, and Boston Symphony Orchestra (BSO) members, students experience high-quality training through intensive study and performance of orchestral and chamber music, private lessons, and master classes.
- Daily orchestral rehearsals with three concert performances at Tanglewood’s Ozawa Hall
- Performance at Tanglewood On Parade at the Koussevitzky Music Shed
- Private lessons with additional lesson opportunities with BSO members and guests
- Chamber music rehearsals and coachings three times a week and end-of-season performances
- Master classes with some of the world’s most esteemed music professionals (past visits and classes include Joshua Bell, Hilary Hahn, Yo-Yo Ma, Midori, Anne-Sophie Mutter, Pinchas Zuckerman, Christian Tetzlaff, Daniel Hope, Lynn Harrell and Daniel Muller-Schott as well as countless BSO members and guest artists)
- Access to all Boston Symphony Orchestra and Tanglewood Music Center concerts, as many as 15 events a week
- 6 hours of transferable Boston University course credit