Master of Education
The comprehensive curriculum found in each Master of Education (EdM) program allows for the study of educational research and theory while deepening content knowledge within a selected program. EdM program offerings are diverse and interdisciplinary. Some EdM programs may lead to initial licensure upon completion of the program and certain testing requirements.
Applicants for the master’s degree must hold a bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent from an accredited institution. If accepted into an EdM program, candidates must complete a minimum of eight graduate-level courses or the equivalent amount of credits, 32, that are approved by the advisor for program completion. One 4-credit course must be the designated research offering. Departments may require additional coursework or a thesis beyond the minimum stated herein.
For more information regarding specific program information please visit the program page.
- EdM in Applied Human Development
- EdM in Counseling
- EdM in Curriculum & Teaching
- EdM in Deaf Education
- EdM in Early Childhood Education
- EdM in Educational Leadership & Policy Studies
- EdM in Educational Leadership & Policy Studies: Higher Education Administration
- EdM in Educational Leadership & Policy Studies: PK-12
- EdM in Elementary Education
- EdM in English & Language Arts Education
- EdM in Language & Literacy Education
- EdM in Mathematics Education
- EdM in Reading Education
- EdM in Science Education
- EdM in Social Studies Education
- EdM in Special Education
- EdM in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Online Master’s in Curriculum & Teaching
- Online Master’s in Higher Education Administration