Please Note: The BU 802.1x wireless network will be retired in the near future. Once retired, eduroam will be the primary wireless network at Boston University.
With this in mind, we encourage early adoption of the BU eduroam wireless network.
We provide Wi-Fi at several outdoor locations across the the Charles River Campus.
These initial locations were selected based upon:
- Requests for coverage submitted to IS&T
- Locations where the University routinely hosts outdoor events
- Locations commonly used as gathering spaces for individual or group study.
Outdoor wireless coverage is available at the following Charles River Campus locations:
- 640 Commonwealth Avenue – COM lawn
- 775 Commonwealth Ave – The mall in front of the George Sherman Union
- 586-590 Commonwealth Ave – The mall in Front of the Science and Engineering Complex – BU Shuttle Stop
- 520 Park Drive – the mall in front of the Student Residence and ORL Main Office in South Campus
- 735 Comm Ave – BU Shuttle Stop
- 2 Silber Way – BU Shuttle Stop
- 1 University Road – MBTA Bus stop
- 728 Commonwealth Avenue – BU Shuttle Stop
- 179 Amory Street – BU Shuttle Stop
- 1010 Commonwealth Avenue – MBTA Bus Stop
- 1019 Commonwealth Avenue – MBTA Bus Stop