If you wish to remove CrowdStrike from your computer
- If it is a BU owned reach out to your local IT group or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To remove CrowdStrike Falcon from your personal machine please follow the appropriate instructions below below.
Windows Removal Instructions
Uninstall from Control Panel
- Open the Windows Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Choose CrowdStrike Windows Sensor and uninstall it.
Uninstall from the Command Line
- Download CSUninstallTool
- Run CSUninstallTool from the command line with this command:
macOS Removal Instructions
DO NOT try and delete the files in the Applications folder follow the process below
Uninstalling the macOS Crowdstrike sensor requires use of the terminal. Follow the following steps to remove the sensor from a personally owned device:
- Launch “Terminal” application (Easily searched through ‘Spotlight’, or located at /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app)
- Paste/type the following text into the command window:
sudo /Applications/Falcon.app/Contents/Resources/falconctl uninstall
- Type your local (administrator) account password
Once this command completes, the Crowdstrike software should be uninstalled from your system.
Linux Removal Instructions
sudo apt-get purge falcon-sensor
RHEL, CentOS, Amazon Linux:
sudo yum remove falcon-sensor
sudo zypper remove falcon-sensor