Apply for a Wellbeing Project Grant
One of our goals is to demonstrate a shared responsibility for student health and wellness. We know that wellbeing is a driver of student success, and that when students feel better, they perform better. To get campus partners involved in this mission, we award grants (up to $2,000) to faculty, staff, and students who’d like to lead creative initiatives that promote student wellbeing!
Please note: Wellbeing Grants are accepted on a rolling basis pending availability of funds.
Grant proposals must:
- Directly serve a population of current BU students
- Engage students in a wellbeing program, event, or initiative that is:
- Relatable and meets students where they are
- Accepting and supportive
- Creates or fosters community
- Practical, educational and action-oriented (i.e., there is an educational activity involved)
- Communicates a message or “takeaway” about implementing wellbeing practices into their life
- Embrace BU’s priorities to enhance diversity, inclusion, and sustainability
Grants cannot be used for:
- Student employment
- Memberships, certifications or licensures
- Capital improvement projects to renovate physical campus spaces or purchase furniture
- Trainings for faculty and staff
- Programs with animals (e.g. petting zoos; comfort animals)
- Solely providing catering at a function or purchasing promotional items (swag)
Please note that the grant awardee is responsible for:
- Securing and managing any permissions, room reservations, media requests, or food orders.
- Tracking attendance at the program, event or initiative funded by the grant.
- Including a budget outlining projected expenses. Please note, this grant is not recurring or renewable on an annual basis.
- Providing the Program Feedback Report after you’ve hosted your event or program.
Once You’ve Received a Grant
Once a partnership is established, partners will have access to the Wellbeing Partner Toolkit which includes a set of resources, templates, logos and tips aimed to help Student Wellbeing and its partners amplify our events and programs on campus.