Desktop Support Services
Contact the Law Service Desk
Hours: 9am – 5pm, Monday–Friday
For information regarding technology at the University, please visit the BU Information Services & Technology website.
Law Academic Media Services (AMS)
Phone: 617-353-3162, staffed from 9 am–8:30 pm
Hours: 9am – 5pm, Monday–Friday (walk-in)
Classroom support from 9am – 9pm
To access Remote Teaching Resources provided by the Law Academic Media Services, visit the Online Hub.
We provide all Law audiovisual and media services, including but not limited to lecture recording, recording distribution, lecture and event setup and support, digital signage, video conferencing, and teleconferencing. We also administer all classroom and courtroom technology and jointly administer Law’s computer labs along with Desktop Services.
For all event and recording requests, please email us at email@example.com.
To reserve a classroom or other space, please follow the directions listed in the Room Reservation Procedure.
The classroom PCs and any computers plugged into the room system are recorded including when the projector is muted, when the system is engaged. Please do not access personal emails or any other accounts on our computers, and please shut down the room system if you must view sensitive data before or after a class.
Law AMS is capable of recording almost all classrooms and most events which take place in the Law building, using either the classrooms’ built-in cameras or HD camcorders. For lecture and classroom recordings, we can record both the room itself and the program audio/video (which plays from your computer).
For members of the BU School of Law faculty and staff:
- Please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of the event you’d like recorded (see “Requisition/Distribution of Recordings”).
For all others, including students:
- If you’d like a lecture or group of lectures recorded, please contact your professor or their department’s program coordinator and ask them to request a recording.
- If you’d like a student event or other event recorded which is taking place in the Law building, please contact the Student Affairs Office to discuss. Student Affairs staff will make the request if approved.
- If you’re receiving a disabilities accommodation and haven’t been directed to speak with the Student Affairs Office, please contact them as soon as possible so your needs for the semester can be met.
Recordings are distributed via Echo360 online streaming. We recommend that you use the Mozilla Firefox browser with an up-to-date installation of Adobe Flash Player. Google Chrome is also acceptable. Echo360 is not guaranteed to work with Safari, Microsoft Edge, or Internet Explorer.
Recordings are distributed two ways:
Most commonly, access will be granted on echo360.org. Log in with your BU username and Kerberos password in order to view recordings. Use the tabs on the left side of the page to switch between courses where you’ve received permission to view all recordings and individual recordings that have been ‘shared with you’.
Professors and lecturers may elect to have recordings posted to their course’s Blackboard Learn page; recordings will show up in the course’s left navigation menu under “Recorded Lectures.” Please note that the existence of a Recorded Lectures area does not guarantee that your professor will provide access to any or all recordings. Please check with them or with Law AMS for confirmation.
For all recording requests, please include as much of the following information as possible:
- Date, time, room number
- For lectures: Course number (JD701, TX901, etc.); course name optional
- How/To whom you would like the recording distributed
- Whether you’ll need any additional media support
We provide media services for all LAW events occurring in the Sumner M. Redstone Building and in the law tower during regular business and class hours. Please feel free to contact us if:
- You’ll be using the classroom computer or projection equipment, and you’d like assistance or training in setting up the room and/or your equipment.
- Your reserved space lacks a projector, computer, or speakers, and you’d like to reserve equipment.
- You’d like to know what equipment is available in your reserved space and how to utilize it.
For non-Law-sponsored events and for weekend events, Law AMS may provide media services for a fee. If your event falls into one of those categories, please contact us as soon as possible for further information.
Please feel free to contact us by phone 617-353-3162 or by email email@example.com for any other concerns that we have not listed here, including notifications of dead batteries or damaged/broken equipment, and questions or concerns about the law building’s digital signage.