Supervised Research & Writing Registration

Currently enrolled JD students who wish to do an independent study project must complete the form and have it signed by the professor supervising their project.

Note: This form may be completed online but may not be submitted online. Make the appropriate selections from the boxes, and then print the form for the appropriate signatures. If a part-time faculty member is your advisor, this form must also be signed by the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. Submit the completed form to the Law School Registrar’s Office in Room 502. If you wish this independent study to fulfill the Upperclass Writing Requirement you must submit an additional form. Please contact the Registrar’s Office with any questions.

Note: According to Article IV, Section 1 of the current Academic Regulations, students may earn a maximum of three (3) semester credits in total during the second and third year for supervised extracurricular work.

Warning: The final grade for a supervised research and writing project will be based on work completed by the end of the semester.

When you have completed this form, print it out and obtain the appropriate faculty signatures. Submit the form to the Registrar’s Office in Room 502.