- Can I apply online? Where do I find the online application?
Our application is conveniently available online via the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences website. When creating your account, please use a permanent, non-school-related email address.
- What are the deadlines for applications?
January 5, for Fall admission (MA & PhD)
October 15, for Spring admission (MA only, no aid available)
- Are application fee waivers, Graduate Student Relocation Assistance Grants, and International Student Travel Grants available?
Yes. See the first paragraph on our Graduate Admissions page for more information.
- What are the requirements for admission?
- What data is available regarding doctoral programs at Boston University?
Statistical portraits across key metrics can be found on the Graduate Resources page.
- What type of funding is available for graduate students?
To learn more about funding availability, see our most recent graduate admissions document, which can be found online here.
- Are interviews required?
Though not required, an interview is recommended. If you wish to schedule an interview, please contact Professor Jonathan Ribner, Director of Graduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is recommended that applicants to the PhD program contact the faculty member specializing in the proposed field of interest prior to applying.
- Who should I contact if I have any further questions specific to HAA MA and PhD programs?
All graduate admissions and funding questions should be directed to Professor Jonathan Ribner.