Data Management Templates, Examples & Checklists
- Templates and guidance are offered by the California Digital Library as part of their Data Management Plan Tool (DMPTool).
- Purdue University’s Data Curation Profiles Toolkit: A Data Curation Profile is essentially an outline of the “story” of a data set or collection, describing its origin and lifecycle within a research project.
- UK’s Digital Curation Centre offers a tool to build a data management plan customized to certain funders, including the NSF. Registration is required but use is free. Also provided is a checklist and word template in the documents section.
- Templates are available from the University of Virginia for the biological sciences, earth sciences, materials research, mathematics, social sciences, physics, and a generic template.
- Australia National University’s provides the DPM Template (PDF) from the university’s data management planning class. A data management manual is available for download.
- University of Melbourne’s Research Data Management Plan Template (Word Doc) is also available, from their guide to data management plans.
- The Australian Research Enabling Environment (ARCHER) Project offers an e-Research Toolkit of open-source software to assist in research data management.
Guides and Checklists