The Arts & Sciences Core Curriculum invites interest in our faculty fellowship opportunities for the 2022-23 academic year.
Core is a learning community that offers students the opportunity for interdisciplinary study of foundational works in small-class discussion seminars. Core’s faculty come from almost every department in CAS. To facilitate teaching in this interdisciplinary curriculum, we offer up to three Core Faculty Fellowships each academic year that enable full-time faculty to receive a course release while auditing one of our eight foundational courses with a pledge to teach in three future years.
Faculty Fellowship Terms:
- Fellows are released from one course for one semester.
- Fellows will audit one Core course in the semester of the teaching release.
- Fellows are committed to teach at least one Core course per year for three successive academic years.
Click here to view a roster of faculty teaching in Core in the current academic year.
Expressions of interest can be sent to Director Kyna Hamill via firstname.lastname@example.org, in consultation with your chair or director. The application deadline for AY2022-23 is January 31, 2022.
Previous Fellowship Recipients:
- AY2021-22: Alison Carberry (Romance Studies) and Andrei Ruckenstein (Physics)
- AY2020-21: Ines Garcia De la Puente (WLL)
- AY2019-20: April Hughes (Religion), Erin Murphy (English) and Joyce Hope Scott (African American Studies)
- AY2018-19: James Pasto (Writing Program) and Susanne Sreedhar (Philosophy)
- AY2017-18: Catherine Hudak Klancer (Core) and Sassan Tabatabai (Core & WLL)