There are many ways alumni can continue their education at Boston University’s schools and colleges. If you are interested in furthering your education or enhancing your knowledge in a specific subject matter, take a look at some of the programs we offer.
Questrom School of Business, EXECUTIVE EDUCATION
BU’s Questrom School of Business Executive Leadership Center offers all BU Alumni the opportunity to pursue executive certificate courses at a 50% discounted rate using discount code BUALUMNI18. These courses provide business leaders and rising executives with the tools they need to accelerate their careers and enrich their knowledge. These courses are neither graded nor offered for college credit.
Available Courses, Cost, and Enrollment
WHAT EXECUTIVE COURSES ARE AVAILABLE?
Explore course offerings online. A list of Spring 2018 executive certificate courses also appear below.
- Electric Industry Transformation: Led by Peter Fox-Penner, Director of BU’s Institute of Sustainable Energy and author of Smart Power.
Date: April 19-20 | BU Alumni Price $1000
- Mini MBA for Tech Executives: Learn the essential concepts and insights from across all MBA disciplines.
Date: April 23-26, 2018 and June 18-21, 2018 | BU Alumni Price $2400
- Digital Strategy: Led by Venkat Venkatraman, author of The Digital Matrix.
Date: May 7-8, 2018 | BU Employee Price $1500
- Platform Strategies: Led by Marshall Van Alstyne, author of Platform Revolution.
Date: May 9-10, 2018 | BU Employee Price $1500
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Open enrollment executive certificate courses are offered to verified BU Alumni at a 50% discount using discount code BUALUMNI18.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Explore course offerings and enroll online with a credit card.
Email Laura Selvig.
Audit Classes at Metropolitan College
Metropolitan College offers Boston University Alumni the chance to audit classes for academic enrichment at a discounted rate. Audited classes are neither graded nor offered for college credit and are offered during fall and spring semesters.
Available Classes, Cost and How to Apply
What kind of classes can I take?
- Undergraduate Metropolitan College courses (numbered below 600)
- Metropolitan College-sponsored Graduate Medical Science (GMS) courses without labs, including GMS online courses, numbered 500 and below (an extra $50 per credit technology fee is charged for online courses)
When can I take classes?
During fall and spring semesters only.
How much does it cost?
- $40 per credit
- $115 per credit for Computer Science courses
- $60 student services fee for all students
What else do I need to know?
The alumni audit does not apply to:
- Graduate courses (number 600 and above)
- Non-Computer Science courses with labs
- Degree completion programs
- Online courses
- During summer
- More than one class per semester
- Classes after their third week
How do I sign up?
- Call Metropolitan College at 617-353-3000 to request audit approval from the Assistant Dean of Student Services. Requests will be reviewed on the basis of space availability and appropriateness of course.
- If permission is granted, a Metropolitan College representative will email you to inform you that you have been approved.
- Alumni students must submit an Add/Drop Form signed by the instructor, a completed Registration Form, and either a personal check or money order (made out to Boston University), or a credit card authorization form for the cost of the course. All necessary forms are available in the Metropolitan College Office of the Dean.
- Please submit all materials to Metropolitan College, 755 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 103, Boston, MA 02215. Important: Alumni audit paperwork and payment must not be returned to the Office of the University Registrar.