Metropolitan College offers Boston University the chance to audit classes for academic enrichment. Audited classes are neither graded nor offered for college credit.
What kind of classes can I take?
- Undergraduate Metropolitan College courses (numbered below 600)
- Metropolitan College-sponsored Graduate Medical Science (GMS) courses without labs, including GMS online courses, numbered 500 and below (an extra $50 per credit technology fee is charged for online courses)
When can I take classes?
During fall and spring semesters only.
How much does it cost?
- $40 per credit
- $115 per credit for Computer Science courses
- $60 student services fee for all students
What else do I need to know?
The alumni audit does not apply to:
- Graduate courses (number 600 and above)
- Non-Computer Science courses with labs
- Degree completion programs
- Online courses
- During summer
- More than one class per semester
- Classes after their third week
How do I sign up?
- Call Metropolitan College at 617-353-3000 to request audit approval from the Assistant Dean of Student Services. Requests will be reviewed on the basis of space availability and appropriateness of course.
- If permission is granted, a Metropolitan College representative will email you to inform you that you have been approved.
- Alumni students must submit an Add/Drop Form signed by the instructor, a completed Registration Form, and either a personal check or money order (made out to Boston University), or a credit card authorization form for the cost of the course. All necessary forms are available in the Metropolitan College Office of the Dean.
- Please submit all materials to Metropolitan College, 755 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 103, Boston, MA 02215. Important: Alumni audit paperwork and payment must not be returned to the Office of the University Registrar.