Graduate Certificate in Hospitality Management
The SHA Graduate Certificate in Hospitality Management is an accelerated graduate-level certificate that prepares students for hospitality industry success anywhere in the world. The certificate is ideal for hospitality professionals hoping to gain a competitive edge or advance their skills in a new area.
- Describe the segments, history, icons, market leaders, lexicon, and service elements of the hospitality industry.
- Apply the competencies in the core functional areas (e.g., finance/accounting, operations, human resources, and marketing) of hospitality management.
- Synthesize the critical thinking of hospitality systems: financial, operational, human resource, and design.
- Develop interpersonal skills: communication, team-building, leadership, and cultural diversity awareness.
The certificate requires the completion of the following three courses (12 cr) at SHA:
- HF 701 Hospitality Operations Analysis (4 cr)
- HF 733 Hospitality Organizational Leadership (4 cr)
- One of the following courses:
- HF 711 Hospitality Financial Management (4 cr)
- HF 762 Hospitality Marketing and Branding (4 cr)