Graduate Certificate in Advanced Hospitality Management
The SHA Graduate Certificate in Advanced Hospitality Management is an accelerated graduate-level certificate that prepares students for hospitality industry success anywhere in the world. It is ideal for hospitality professionals hoping to gain a competitive edge or advance their skills in a new area. Focus areas include revenue management, digital marketing, and real estate development.
- Acquire and demonstrate entrepreneurial hospitality management skills to enable individuals to enter the workforce or offer new start-up functions to boost the industry with new thinking.
- Analyze data and hospitality challenges to create solutions for operational or marketing issues.
- Develop ideas for marketing planning, operational recommendations, and event structures in order to ensure relevant functional protocols beyond industry norms.
- Demonstrate financial acumen for success in real estate transactions, revenue management applications, and operational management.
- Design marketing content for hotel, restaurant, and event development.
- Model mastery of verbal and written communication skills; group- and team-building; leadership and management; and global awareness and cultural diversity.
The certificate will require the completion of three courses (12 credits) at SHA and a 0-credit work experience.
|Students pick 3 courses:|
|HF 568 Digital Marketing Strategies (4 cr)|
|HF 576 Meeting Planning and Special Events Management (4 cr)|
|HF 617 Hospitality Real Estate Finance and Feasibility (4 cr)|
|HF 619 Hotel Development and Deal Making (4 cr)|
|HF 660 Strategic Marketing (4 cr)|
|HF 667 Fundamentals of Digital Content Development (4 cr)|
|HF 671 Hospitality Revenue Management Strategies (4 cr)|
|HF 678 Hospitality Analytics (4 cr)|
|HF 679 Financial Reporting and Analysis (4 cr)|
|Students complete 300-hour work experience (0 cr):|
|HF 740 Hospitality Internship|
For students currently employed in the hospitality industry, the required internship will be waived.