Name and Address Changes

University Policy

Graduate Medical Sciences Policy

Name Changes or Corrections

Misspelled names on official University documents can be corrected by presenting a current driver’s license or other form of identification to the University Registrar.

Currently enrolled students who wish to change their names must present sufficient reason and identification to the University Registrar. Upon approval, the student will be asked to complete a Name Change Form.

For students who are no longer registered or who have graduated, legal documentation (e.g., a marriage license or court order) must be submitted to the University Registrar along with the request for the change.

Address Changes

Students must notify the University of any local or home address changes. To do this, eligible students may update this information on the MyBU Student Portal or complete a Personal Data Change Form, available from the student’s school or college, the University Information Center, or the University Registrar. Changes in residence hall addresses are the responsibility of the Housing office. If the student withdraws from University housing but remains enrolled at the University, the student must update their local address.