Graduate Medical Sciences Policy
The goal of the Disability Services office (ODS) is to provide services and support to ensure that students are able to access and participate in opportunities available at Boston University. In keeping with this objective, students in GMS are encouraged to utilize the resources of Disability Services to the degree they determine necessary.
Dr. Theresa Davies, assistant dean for graduate affairs, serves as the liaison between GMS and the Disability Services office located on the Charles River Campus. Please contact her (email@example.com or 617-358-9546) with any disability services questions.
How to Obtain Disability Services
Please complete the following steps to gain service.
- Contact the Assistant Dean for Graduate Affairs in GMS (firstname.lastname@example.org, 617-358-9546) and make a request to start the Disability Services process.
- Complete the BU ODS Intake Form.
- Make an appointment with one of the ODS staff members on the Charles River Campus by calling 617-353-3658 or emailing email@example.com.
- Provide documentation to Dr. Lorraine Wolf, director of Disability Services, in a scheduled meeting or by faxing (617-353-9646) or emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org) documents in advance.
- Following approval by the ODS and the Provost of the Medical Campus, Dean of School of Medicine (Dr. Karen Antman), the student will be notified of accommodations by GMS.
- Student completes the GMS Accommodation Release Form.
- GMS notifies Course Directors of the accommodation.