Summer Study at Other Universities

Faculty of Computing & Data Sciences Policy

It is generally expected that CDS students will complete their degree requirements in approved courses within Boston University. Students may, however, wish to receive credit for academic work done elsewhere during the summer.

Students pursuing a program of study outside Boston University who wish to transfer credit must do so in an accredited program at an accredited college or university. A minimum grade of C is required in any course for which a student seeks transfer credit. Students should contact CDS Advising to get courses approved and equated, preferably in advance. Such courses must carry at least 2.5 Boston University credits to count toward the CDS major.

Students considering non-BU summer study abroad for transfer credit should take care to familiarize themselves with the BU Residency Requirement and Transfer of Undergraduate Credits policy.

Further information on summer study and forms for transfer equivalency are available at CDS Advising at 665 Commonwealth Avenue, 16th Floor.