Information for current student participants
End of Summer Checklist
- Complete the Abstract Submission & Summer Survey form by Friday, August 12
- Consult Guidelines for writing your abstract before you begin
19th Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium
All summer UROP students are expected to present a poster at the Fall Undergraduate Research Symposium on Friday, October 21.
If you will be abroad, you are not expected to present, but please contact the UROP office to let us know.
- The Symposium will be held on Friday, October 21, 11 am–1:30 pm in the Metcalf Ballroom, George Sherman Union (GSU)
- Consult Guidelines for creating a powerful poster before you begin
- Check out last year’s award winners and photos
- See more photos and give us a thumbs up on Facebook
Summer Workshops 2016
Creating Effective Posters & Abstracts 7/25/16
UROP Director, Dr. Paul Lipton presented about creating effective posters and abstracts. You can view his presentation below.
Resumes & Cover Letters 7/11/16
Jesse Ohrenberger, Assistant Director at the Center for Career Development discussed tips for writing effective resumes and cover letters. Jesse’s presentation is below, and you can find more information here.
Steve Ramirez – How to Activate, Erase and Incept Memories 6/27/16
On Monday, June 27, 2016 we had Steve Ramirez, a Junior Fellow at Harvard University’s Center for Brain Sciences present on his research with neural circuits. Dr. Ramirez presented on how to Activate, Erase, and Incept Memories. To view his powerpoint, click here.
Crowdfunding & Scholarships 6/20/16
Caitlin Cushman, Assistant Director of New Media for the Development and Communications discussed crowdfunding initiatives at BU. If your student group or club is looking to crowd-fund for research materials or to go to a conference, talk to Caitlin about the ways BU crowdfunding initiatives can help.
Diane Flynn, Director of National and International Scholarships, spoke about scholarships and fellowships available to undergraduates. Below is her powerpoint presentation which has deadlines and some of the selection criterion for different fellowships and scholarships. If you are looking to make an appointment with Diane, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
UROP BBQ 6/13/16
See pictures from the UROP BBQ on our Facebook page!
Ethics Workshop 6/10/16
UROP Awardees: Required Forms
Before beginning your project, complete the following forms. You’ll receive a copy of each in your award packet:
- Award Acknowledgment Form
- Press Release Permission Form
- Patent Policy Form
- I-9 (Note: You will be required to show the forms of identification specified on page two of the I-9 form. Please bring them with you when you submit your completed award packet.)
- W-4 (Note: We cannot advise you on this form; contact the Student Employment Office with questions. Complete the W-4 carefully, it will be returned to you if it is not filled out completely.)